Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Barely Buzzed (Jersey cow milk, pasturized, vegetarian rennet)

{Barely Buzzed pic via Beehive Cheese Co}


Barely Buzzed is another new favorite cheese made by the Beehive Cheese Co.  I first tried this cheese last year, although the cheesemakers say it has been winning awards since 2007. It is described as having a texture like a mild cheddar, and it is hand rubbed with coffee and lavender. I thought the combination of flavors was unique and very interesting. Some bites would taste like coffee, but in others I tasted the lavender more than anything else. I thought the overall taste was mild, and I would absolutely serve it at parties. The name and flavors alone make it a conversation piece. From the pictures and pairings on the company's website, it seems like beer, coffee, and chocolate would make nice pairings with this cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment